The New Beginnings Christian Fellowship Church Deacon Ministry's primary purpose is to nurture and strengthen families in the Lord. The work of the deacon is an extension of the Pastor's ministry to love and care for families, and to serve as ministers of mercy to the congregation.
Deacons are also involved in the administration of the two ordinances of the church, Baptism and the Lord's Supper. Deacons are recommended by the Deacon Chairman and members of the Deacon's Ministry and appointed by the Pastor.
1 Timothy 3:8 "Likewise must the deacons be grave, not double-tongue, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;3.9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.3.10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.3.11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.3.12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.3.13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus."
The primary purpose New Beginnings Christian Fellowship Church Deacon Ministry is to first and foremost support the mission and vision of the Church and the Pastor. In addition:
- Deacons Are to Be Capable of Serving the Lord in Spiritual Ways
- The Office of Deacon Requires a Firm Grasp of Sound Doctrine
- The Presence of Deacons Should Advance the Unity of the Church
- The Presence of Deacons Should Advance the Cause of Evangelism
Deacons are called to be dedicated caregivers who use their spiritual gifts in a shared ministry of concern for the total well-being of God's people. Deacons are to be Christ-like, welcoming, nurturing, reconciling, sensitive to the presence of God's Spirit in their lives and in the lives of others, and witnessing for Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord within and beyond the Body of Christ, the Church
- Doing The Benevolence Work,
- Visiting The Sick,
- Being Alert To The Spiritual Needs Of The Congregation - For The Purposes Of freeing The Pastoral Staff To Focus On Prayer And The Ministry Of The Word,
- Promoting Unity Within The Church, And
- Facilitating The Spread Of The Gospel.